Law Enforcement Development Strategist
Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Law Enforcement Development Strategist will support the mission of the Manila ILED team to develop law enforcement units investigating cases of online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC). The position will support the training and mentoring of law enforcement partners, empowering them to efficiently and professionally respond to reports of OSEC. The position will provide technical and logistical support to law enforcement partners, ensuring they develop the skills necessary to rescue and protect victims, conduct lawful arrests, and successfully prosecute perpetrators of OSEC.
- Regularly spend time with law enforcement partners conducting casework mentoring, case coordination meetings, debriefings, and partner care activities.
- Build relationships with international law enforcement, key private sector stakeholders, and other NGO’s.
- Intentionally build bridges between sources of intelligence in the community and law enforcement partners.
- Support National ILED training courses through logistical support and hands-on mentoring alongside police partners.
- Develop and deliver informal training to police partners during routine interaction on casework activities.
- Develop tools and guides to be used by police partners to increase efficiency in investigations, operations, and case management.
- Support law enforcement partners on the triage and initial investigation of OSEC referrals.
- Support law enforcement partners in online and field investigation techniques and casework strategy.
- Support law enforcement partners in conducting successful rescue/arrest operations, and proper collection of evidence for prosecution.
- Contribute to cases debriefs, identifying solutions and strategies to improve police performance and local system reform.
- Accurately document casework accompaniment activities in ILED Kaseware online reporting system.
- Document exposure to harmful matter during casework mentoring activities, in compliance with OSEC Safeguard program.
- Maintain IJM equipment and assist in the tracking and maintenance of international partners’ equipment donations to the Philippine Internet Crimes Against Children Centre.
- Regularly update internal logs and casework tracking databases.
- Document police performance improvements or challenges to be incorporated into National ILED strategy.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferable
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and government offices
- High level of computer literacy
- Willing to work in situations involving child exploitation and trauma
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Tagalog Language proficiency
- Experience in open source and/or cybercrime investigation
- Experience in coaching or mentoring
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering from injustice;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Patient, flexible, and persistent;
- Unfailing integrity and honesty;
- Effective team player and leader;
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision;
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively;
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanour;
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting; and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Competitive salary, relocation, and benefits package.
- Position based in either the IJM Philippines National Office in Metro Manila or the Cebu Field Office in Metro Cebu.
- National Office position reports to the NILED
- Cebu Field Office position report to the Field Office Director.
- Occasional travel (both domestic and international) may be required.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.