Sr. Assistant, Investigations and Law Enforcement Development Training
Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Sr. Assistant, National Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (NILED) will support the National ILED program by providing training development and advocacy support to the members of National ILED; developing and maintaining relationships with counterparts within IJM and partner organizations; assisting in the implementation of the National ILED program on law enforcement development to rescue and protect victims, conduct lawful arrests, and succesfully prosecute perpetrators of OSEC.
- Networking and Partnerships: Maintain cordial and professional relationship with law enforcement partners and other stake holders to facilitate meetings and program delivery in coordination with Director, NILED and Senior Lead for Policy and Advocacy, NILED.
- Communication: Draft business correspondence and reports for internal and external stakeholders. Monitor and track the progress of planned activities and provide timely updates.
- Training and Development: Package subject matter expert content in appropriate format for online or offline delivery. Assist in the development of new training products.
- Documentation, Reporting & Data Management: Collect, organize and analyze data in support of the NILED program.
- Events and Logistics: Assist in event management by providing administrative and logistics support on NILED events.
- Clerical and Administration: Perform routine office functions and assist in the day-to-day management of the NILED program.
- Bachelor’s degree with related studies on Development Studies or
- At least 2 years of experience with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Preferably with experience in multi-media/visual arts design relevant to training development.
- High level of computer literacy
- Previous work experience interacting with government offices.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting, and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.