Sr. Lead, Prosecution - Assessment and Consulting
Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a Sr. Lead, Prosecution - Assessment & Consulting to provide prosecution subject matter expertise for IJM’s OSEC programs in IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (the “Center”), with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children globally. This role is expected to contribute significantly to the Center’s objectives of (1) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), (2) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries, and (3) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors.
The ideal candidate is a leader who brings significant experience prosecuting OSEC cases, supporting public prosecutor development and capacity building, and strengthening systems within the prosecution and judicial pillar. The ideal candidate has experience creating clear and persuasive professional products responsive to the audience, topic, and objectives. This position leverages existing research, including through the use of IJM collaborative casework, training, and system reform data. The candidate will help the Center become a leader in scaling effective child-protective and trauma-informed prosecution practices through showcasing our accompaniment model, consulting, activation, and educational products and services. This will help establish IJM as a world leader in developing and scaling models and products to help drive an effective criminal justice system response to violent crimes committed against people in poverty, especially OSEC.
This role’s key routines include conducting holistic expansion assessments and providing expert consulting to NGOs and public prosecutors on individual OSEC prosecutions. This position reports to the Director, Prosecution & Aftercare (once hired) and in the interim reports to the Center Director, Global OSEC Hub, Asia Pacific Region, and is based in Manila or Cebu with occasional travel within the Philippines and internationally.
This position is open to Filipino Nationals.
- Clearly and persuasively communicate in external engagements, prosecution expert consultations, partnership meetings, and in written products with Center partners and stakeholders to influence their response to OSEC in line with IJM’s Theory of Change and Center goals
- Conduct expansion assessment interviews and stakeholder meetings (in person or online) with professionalism, deepening IJM’s credibility and trust in IJM, gathering necessary information to make expansion assessment recommendations regarding prosecution systems/opportunities/programs
- Prepare or contribute to well-organized and persuasive written products for sharing with key stakeholders, including industry, government, and NGO audiences
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- In collaboration with other SMEs, assessment staff, and the Sr. Lead, Prosecution Development, develop expansion assessments related to prosecution projects for the Center Director’s evaluation
- In collaboration with the Center Director and internal stakeholders, create a global roadmap for scaling OSEC prosecution solutions.
- Collaborate with other Center SMEs and training coordinator to package our OSEC collaborative casework, training, and system reform models into strategic scalable products, including training manuals and other user-friendly curricula (i.e. online, mobile, accessible), for NGO and government prosecution partners to scale child-protective and trauma-informed prosecution practices
Networking & Partnership:
- Network and partner with IJM subject matter experts within the Center, OSEC Hub, IJM Philippines, and other regions to stay updated on promising and effective prosecution practices, especially child-protective and trauma-informed
- Collaborate with and develop partnerships with key prosecution stakeholders, including the International Association of Prosecutors and other relevant high-impact stakeholders to scale thought leadership, products, and models.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Develop templates (i.e. stakeholder interview questions, checklists, assessment tools) for assessing expansion opportunities with a prosecution focus
- Collaborate with the Program Manager in developing assessment and grading tools for NGO stakeholders and future government partners to assess improvements in the justice system response to OSEC over time due to IJM-led or Partner-led programming
- Collaborate with the Program Manager in developing, updating, and monitoring of prosecution focused targets and KPIs, and in creative ways to share those M&E results externally to bolster confidence in and adoption of IJM’s Theory of Change
Training and Development:
- Work closely with SMEs and Center leaders in consulting on the development of written and presentation content to support trainings of partners, including for IJM-led or Partner-led field programs
- With support from the training coordinator and Sr. Lead, Prosecution Development, share mini online or in-person trainings contextualized to support expert consultation customers
Policies and Procedures:
- Develop a process for conducting prosecution focused expansion assessments
- Develop a process for conducting expert consulting sessions, developing expert consulting agreements and partnerships and avenues for feedback
- Identify best practices in prosecution expansion assessments and expert consultation
- Incorporate all IJM Global and OSEC Hub communications and written branding and messaging policies, and recommend improvements to same based on Center experiences
- Support M&E tracking and reporting in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Consult with Comms Content Writer in development of written products (Op-Eds) and for media engagements related to Center prosecution thought leadership goals and messaging
- University degree in Law, International Development, Public Policy, Economics, Criminal Justice, or another related field
- At least four years of experience in OSEC prosecutions
- Proven written substantive and published writing experience, with persuasive writing experience preferred
- Proven oral presentation skills and experience
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to achieve goals and activities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in Southeast Asian countries preferred.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting, and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.