Effective March 16, 2021
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction. We do not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below, and visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information.
We collect both Personal Information and Other Information about our Website visitors, as described below. For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information we can directly associate with a specific person without any additional information, such as an email address. “Other Information” means any information that is not Personal Information. We may combine Other Information and Personal Information; in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We may also combine Personal Information or Other Information we have about you with additional information that we or third parties collect in other contexts – like when we communicate with you by phone or email. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us via email or when you sign up to join our email list. We may collect information such as your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company affiliation
- Other information you choose to provide to us in your email.
Other Information. We also collect Other Information automatically when you visit our Website or receive emails from us. This may include information like your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the time and duration of your visit, how you used the Website (including pages viewed and actions taken), whether you opened or read an email from us, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes, and your general geographic location. We collect this information using the following technologies:
- Server Logs. When you use the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
- Pixel tags. The Website or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to collect Other Information through cookies or pixel tags on the Website or in email communications from us for analytics, auditing, research, and reporting purposes. These third parties may use web logs, pixel tags, or other tracking mechanisms and they may set and access cookies on your computer or device.
2. INFORMATION USAGE
We may use Personal and Other Information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Respond to your requests by email or a phone call, to fulfill the terms of any agreement we have with you, or to take actions regarding your concerns;
- Send you newsletters, updates, and other materials related to our Website that you have signed up to receive;
- Analyze and research user experiences with our Website and emails so that we can improve user experiences and enhance our Website, emails, and other offerings;
- Comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or to fulfill the other legal purposes described below.
We use Other Information for a few additional purposes, including to:
- Count and recognize visitors to the Website, and analyze how visitors use the Website;
- Engage in analytics as described above; and
- For any other purpose permitted by law, including any purpose for which we use Personal Information.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
We may share Personal and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below, but we will not rent or sell your personally identifying information to anyone.
- IT service providers
- Companies that assist with customer service, shipping, or event registration
- Companies that provide other services to support our relationship with you
- Companies that provide demographic and market research assistance
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party; or
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may also create and share de-identified or aggregated information about Website users, such as by creating reports on trends in the usage of the Website.
4. ONLINE ACTIVITY AND SOCIAL MEDIA
We may also use tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content, and allow us to tailor advertising both on our websites and through advertising networks on other websites based on your visits or behavior through cookies on your device. You can control how cookies are used and for what purpose through the settings on your chosen browser.
You can also engage with IJM through social media like Facebook, etc. You can always control how you receive content through each website’s settings. Occasionally, we may get in touch with you via social media if you aren’t a follower by using the details on your record, such as email address and phone number to match to your social media account. We will only do this where you have opted in to marketing emails or phone calls/SMS. The matching only works where you have previously disclosed your email address and phone/SMS to the social media site.
We may also use your email address and phone/SMS to link to Facebook or other social media sites in order to identify other users of these sites whom we believe would be interested in IJM, and we may then show them IJM’s content.
If you prefer we don’t use your data in this manner, you can either let our Director for Brand, Media, and Communications know or update your preferences at the relevant social media website.
5. OTHER VIEWER CONCERNS
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
● learn more about the information we have about you,
● update or change that information, or
● opt-out of any regular email communications you might receive from us.
You can also follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions in any email you receive from us to stop receiving email updates from us.
6. INFORMATION FOR WEBSITE USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES
The Personal and Other Information we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the Philippines for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract the processing of your data, or otherwise share your data with third parties in the Philippines or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By accepting this Policy, using the Website, signing up for email updates, or providing information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change the Website or our data-handling practices in the future and therefore need to revise this Policy. We will post the revised Policy with an “effective date” that indicates when the revisions take effect. We encourage you to review this page periodically.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please email us at email@example.com.
10. COOKIES POLICY
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by International Justice Mission and our partners [e.g. marketing partners], affiliates, or analytics or service providers [e.g. online customer support provider]. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.